Thursday, September 23, 2010

So much, so soon

I am a bit embarrassed by the fact that I haven't posted since May.  So much has happened in my life, and I had really hoped to be more active on this blog.  Sharing the good that has come with embracing Christ is important to me, and I feel a little guilty keeping it all to myself!



Sharon and I got married in June, on the 19th.  It was a beautiful day - certainly the happiest thus far in my life.  It was about as close to perfect as it could possibly be.  I found myself wishing that my father & sister were still with us to share the day, but in a way it made me appreciate it more.  My family hasn't been able to share many happy moments lately; it's been tragedy that's brought us together in recent years.  Having everyone there to share the stare of my life with Sharon was fantastic.

We knew we wanted to start a family as soon as possible, and we didn't have to wait long - we found out in August that we're expecting.  Our first child is due April 14th, and I am literally counting the days - 203 to go!  Of course, that's still a long way off, and I'm praying for a safe pregnancy, and a healthy baby.  So, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to ask anyone who reads this to do the same for me.

I can't describe how much I'm looking forward to being a dad.  Every time I think about welcoming our child into the world, I get misty eyed.  I go into what's currently our guest room, look around, and think about how I'm going to get it ready for the baby.  I see baby clothes and toys and have to stop myself from going nuts and buying them all up.

I don't care if we have a boy or a girl - whatever God gives us is fine with me.  But if I were a betting man, I'd say it's going to be a girl.  I think that would be fun to have a daughter, and have tea parties and play Barbies with her.  Of course, I'm not going to complain about having a son that I can roughhouse and play Transformers with, either.

But I do know that, boy or girl, it's my responsibility make sure this child has two parents that love him or her, and a Father in Heaven that loves them very dearly.  They're going to know who Jesus Christ is at a very young age, and that He loves us so much that He died for us. And they're going to know that they need to love Him back, because that's all He really asks of us.

Yep... being a dad is going to be a fun, and challenging, I'm sure.  Pray for me that I do a good job!

No comments: