Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and the heartbeat of our baby

It's been a busy couple of weeks at our household - Sharon's been battling morning sickness off and on, but appears to be just about over the worst of it.  I can tell from how tired she is that I'm definitely getting the much easier end of this baby making deal.  I can only imagine what a toll growing another human being can take on the body.



I recently became a 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus.  Of course, I'm forbidden from discussing the details of that initiation ceremony, but I'll say it's very interesting, and did a great job of reinforcing the order's virtues of charity, unity, and fraternity.  I'm having a lot of fun with KofC so far, and I hope that as time goes by, I'll be able to be very active in my council.

I'm helping my friends at Lectio Divina Catholic Books & Gifts revamp their website to start selling online.  It's been a fun and interesting adventure so far, and it's one of those things that started off with me saying "How hard can it be?"  The answer is - not very, but there ARE some meticulous details you don't think about first.  But, all that aside, we're hoping to have them ready to re-launch their website on November 1, and I think meeting that goal will be pretty easy.

Sharon and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat yesterday.  It's an indescribable, humbling experience.  I felt as though everything else in my life up until hearing that child's heartbeat was a meaningless distraction, and like I FINALLY know why God put me on this earth.   He wants me to be a father.  In about 6 weeks, we'll get to see our baby on an ultrasound, and I hate wishing my life away, but I hope those 6 weeks go by quick!

To all who read this - take a minute out of your lives, look at all the good things you have, and thank the Lord for it all.  Take care, and God Bless!

No comments: