Saturday, March 27, 2010

First confession

Today comes a moment I've been simultaneously looking forward and dreading.  I'm making my first confession this morning.  Being a convert, I have to confess all my mortal sins going back to the age of reason (around 7 or 8).  I just turned 31 yesterday, and have been a heathen the vast majority of my life.  Soooo, that's a lot of sin to confess. 

 I've been over several examinations of conscience, and I'm sure there are others who've been much worse than me, but I've still got quite a lot that weighs heavily on me, and I'm really looking forward to just getting it off my chest.  I went to adoration before RCIA on Tuesday, and to be quite honest, I was terrified at the thought of confession. But I truly do feel that He sent the Holy Spirit to ease my fears.  Now, I'm not so much afraid as I am just looking forward to getting beyond this milestone.

Easter Vigil is next Saturday, and I'm really looking forward to it.  My future mother-in-law is going to be my sponsor, and most of my friends from my Bible Study group are planning on coming.  It's good that the Lord has blessed me with so many positive people in my life this year.  I love them all, and I'm eternally grateful for them.

So, pray that I make a good confession, and that I can go a whole week without committing any mortal sins!

No comments: